5 AMC MCQ Exam Preparation Tips
If you are looking to become a practicing doctor in Australia, your first exam hurdle to get through is the AMC MCQ Exam. If you are appearing for the AMC MCQ exam soon, then there are a number of important things that you need to consider. These things can make all the difference between a good score, and a bad score. If you take the time to actually understand the AMC MCQ Exam structure first, it will help you prepare for the exam in a much better way.
5 tips to prepare for AMC MCQ Exam
Once you start preparing, you will start hitting the strides after some time, initially you will have some trouble finding a rhythm. This could be because you are overwhelmed or because you have been away from studying for some time. It takes some time to do it, and so here we will guide you from the start! We will mention the tips we provide everyone; however, some might do it a bit differently, one way is not better or worse than the other. We are here to give you the tips which work for all our students.
Well, about exam prep, it depends upon how much time you can dedicate per day for studies, if you dedicate 8-10 hrs of sincere study, we believe 4 Months are enough! Here are the important tips to pass your AMC MCQ exam.
1. Find the best AMC MCQ Exam preparation handbooks from here. These are the best books to prepare from, and are recommended by the Australian Medical Council.
2. Solve recalls for MCQ, minimum last 5 years, maximum 10 years if you have time. Solve recalls with study partners, it is faster than doing alone, and less boring. Dedicate some hours of day for solving recalls and some for self study. Make a proper schedule for studying.
3. Search reading material in Australian websites like racgp, ranzcog, rch etc. you can download the ‘blue book (of infectious diseases)’ and ‘red racgp book’ free of cost from internet for reference. If you look at the recommended books for MCQ exam on AMC site, down below are many direct links for topics like domestic abuse, driving limits in various conditions like pt. with epilepsy etc. this will help you a lot as well.
It is also recommended that you write your own notes for recalls, if they are from multiple sites.
4. Be positive, believe in yourself, you might get overwhelmed if you think about all the material to be read to prepare for this exam. Once you start studying, you will yourself realize that it’s not impossible! Initially it will be slow to catch up the rhythm, but you will speed up because you have studied hard all life.
5. Keep enough time for revision! It will have you all stressed if you leave everything till the last second.
If you are looking to get information on who is offering the best courses to prepare for AMC MCQ Exam in Sydney, you can go here. You will also find online options if you are not in Sydney.